October is National Safe Work Month, focusing on reducing injuries and fatalities in Australia’s work places throughout the year. The Road Transport Industry is a national priority under the Australian Work Health and Safety Strategy 2012-2022 due to the high number and rate of fatalities in this industry.
Statistics gathered by the Australian Government statutory body Safe Work Australia between 2011-2012 and 2015-2016 show that the Road Transport Industry has on average 4,500 serious workers compensation claims every year with 20% due to back injuries. 34% of physical injuries reported were for Muscular Stress from lifting, carrying and handling heavy objects. On average a shocking 42 Australian Road Transport Industry workers are killed each year, over 77% are vehicle incidents and over 50% are single-vehicle truck accidents.
Actual numbers of injuries are unknown, as only the most serious of injuries are reported. Manage your workplace safety – check your health and safety obligations with the appropriate State & Territory body safeworkaustralia.gov.au/whs-authorities-contact-information.
The Road Transport Industry requires tough and flexible First Aid Kits suitable for vehicle storage. Aero Healthcare has a range of kits aimed especially for vehicles and for road-side use. Our wide range of case types for our fully stocked First Aid Kits comply with workplace requirements across all Australian States and Territories, and all of our First Aid Kits can be custom-labelled with your organisations logo and colour branding.
- Australian Federal, State and Territory regulatory compliant Vehicle First Aid Kits
- Responder 4 Series First Aid Kit
Respond promptly to incidents with a variety of outer cases:
- Tough metal case where stored in areas that may come into contact with heavy gear.
- Flexible softpack – bags that conform to fit in irregular storage spaces while protecting their contents.
- Rugged Plastic – cases with strong hinges and recessed clasps to cope with the bumps and bashes and rough handling that can occur in busy environments and when quickly responding to a First Aid situation.
- Weather Resistant – cases built to protect from dust and water, these securely sealed plastic cases are designed to cope with unpredictable weather conditions.
- Neat Plastic – cases that are smart in appearance and easy to clean, perfect for the front office.
Each kit contents serves up to 25 people.
- Wearable remote area First Aid Kits (compliant outside WA)
- Regulator Snake Bite First Aid Kit
Vital for outdoor workers, this 1-person kit can be worn on the belt.
- Regulator Remote Work First Aid Kit
Containing rescue equipment in addition to a comprehensive First Aid Kit, this kit servicing up to 10 people.
For full kit contents and full State and Territory compliance see individual product details. All kit contents are refilled with our Instant Restock™ system: you can refill and service your kits quickly with refill pouches designed to fit into each case type. They provide quick access to all product through a unique centre slit pocket without the need of unpacking each individual product.
Available in a wide range of case options, all our cabinets, cases and bags are available with custom labelling. For more information on cases and labelling, see our Case Options.
- Supplementary Vehicle First Aid Kits
- Not rated for workplace compliance, these supplementary kits are useful additions to your compliant First Aid Kit in your work vehicle as a grab-and-go item for specific roadside incidents.
- Voyager 2 Road Safety First Aid Kit
This compact kit comes with a warning triangle and safety vest for roadside incidents, with a selection of first aid items needed for treating minor injuries.
- Regulator Eyewash First Aid Kit
Rubber sealed for dust protection, this minor eye injury module services up to 10 people.
- Regulator Biohazard Spill Kit
Essential for cleaning up bodily fluids in a hygienic and efficient way, this module services up to 10 people.
- Regulator Burns Series – Small, Medium and Large
Servicing up to 50 people with one module, this kit is specialised for treating burn injuries.